In the previous tutorial, we saw how to generate a simple SSRS report. In this tutorial, let us see how can we use charts in SSRS reports.
The steps are
- Create a data source that is pointing to the database used by your query. In this case, I am using AdventureWorks database.
- Once you create the data source by providing the connection string, then create a new report, by providing the Query for which you want to generate the report. Follow the screenshots given below for more information.
- Once you have created the data set by running the report generation wizard following the steps shown in the screenshots, double click on the chart control in the tool box, that will display you the choice of graphs to choose from. Select the bar chart and click ok.
- Now double click on the chart to get the chart data area, where provide the Value by adding the one that has to come in Y axes, and below which add the category by choosing from the data set (It appears as X axes).
- After renaming the chart, axes and grid displaying data, click on Preview to view the chart along with its data statistics.
The images below would guide you how to create a report with charts.
Hope you find it useful. Thanks for reading!!!