Everybody wants to be successful. Success mean different to different people. But formula to success is always the same, seamlessly working towards your goal doing all the required justice. But for most of us, things are not always the way we wanted. There are people who wish big and achieve big after their hard work; there are people who wish big and achieve big due to some external factors; there are people who wish big and fail to achieve in spite of their hard work. Winning or losing is not the context of our story, but it is about making your choices. Of course, about making the right choices.
Nobody likes to fall into pits and everybody expects to own big things in life. But reality is different; Most of the people who own big things in life have crossed tougher roads than the rest. Those winners did not just made use of their opportunities but they chased and grabbed them even if they did not come along their way. There are people who try to make use of the opportunities available to them to prove their selves. There are also people who close their shutters for the rare opportunities that come along their ways due to some external factors. So, it is the attitude that decides your altitude.
For being successful, we make plans, get advises, read success stories to make sure everything is in place to win things. Some says, to be successful chase and grab the opportunities and also, learn the art of saying “No”. Both sound like complete oxymoron. The oxymoron is the context of the post.
It is clear that one who chases and grabs the opportunity is the winner. So let us give a deeper insight of the art of saying “No”. We cannot and should not say to every risk that come on our way. Often the opportunities come hidden in the form of risks. So, take care while taking up a challenge or saying no for it.There can be many ifs before making your decision, not after making them. So, analyse the following factors before making choices.
- Make sure it is worthy to give a try : Before taking up any challenge given to you, find out it is really worthy. Make sure it is worthy for your quality time and effort you put in.
- Make sure it is close to your passion.
- Analyze the risks and ways to overcoming them: Do try to know the risks of the challenge you have in your hand and analyse the ways to overcome
- Analyze the aftermaths of your choice. The pros and cons: Tasting success in a fairy-tale ending. But know what comes on your way after the Win and act smart by putting yourself in the shoes of losers and winners.
- Prepare yourself to accept the consequences and failures on your path: Failure is not a bad thing and it gives you much more than a success can give. Learn from the failures. But it does not mean you can be liberal at the amount of hard-work you put.
- Associate your choices with your short and long-term goals: It is too close to the point 2. Be ready for the things those are close to your passion and have influence on your short and long terms. Because, success mean different to different people.
- Play big, if you want to win big: If you want to win big, always prefer to play big, running behind the opportunities instead of settling with small things.
- Choose the right path: When you have multiple opportunities in hand, go for the big one even if it is risky. As I said earlier, opportunities are often hidden behind the risks. Always remember, not to lose things in your hand for the things those are obsolete. Have a grip on what you are doing.
So, the decisions make the Winners. Learn to be a good decision maker, even when it is about personal choices, Be a winner!
Thanks for reading!!!